Friday, June 1, 2007

Summer is here!

Well it took a while to get here, but summer has officially arrived in Victoria. How do I know this? On Wednesday evening, my good friend Jade and I, along with our dogs Gus and Shadow, went to The Lake and it was warm enough to jump in!

I haven't been doing anywhere near enough hiking lately, but a walk around the lake followed by a swim was a pretty close second. Jade and I have decided to try to go to The Lake every Wednesday evening, so hopefully that, along with Ian and I's Thursday Afternoon Hike, and the soon-to-be-resurrected Sunday Hike, should eventually get me back into full hiking shape.

I believe everyone should live near The Lake. Not necessarily My Lake, but to be able to talk about The Lake and have everyone know what you mean. Happy Summer everyone!

3 comments:

Zoooma said...

Unless I've been hit on the head, or unless it's been changed, I'm pretty sure that even in Canada summer starts on June 22.

So perhaps summer has unofficially arrived?

Rebi said...

Victoria is special. It doesn't always pay attention to the seasons that happen in the rest of the country. In fact, I think summer started late this year! I'm glad it finally arrived.

Anonymous said...

If that lake is a multi-bayed lake near a campground I'll look for you, Jade and Ian on Wednesday nights to come! Nice to have a dip after work.

wildthing